M & A Value Capture
Recent studies confirm what many of us already thought, most acquisitions are not successful! This is evidenced by many research studies:
The Economic Journal reported that debt and losses often erode any cost savings or increased profitability that may result from a deal.
A strategy consulting company study also concluded that in 34/58 acquisitions the financial return failed to exceed the cost of capital expended.
And most recently the Wall Street Journal noted that 58% of mergers fail tocreate substantial return for shareholders.
We have developed a methodology that can be used to shorten the learning curve for our clients. Our framework includes over 100 diagnostic, design, and implementation tools that address the common project management, business integration, and organizational/change management issues encountered during the integration process.
Range of Services:
- Operational/Organizational Due Diligence – We have developed a process with supporting data collection templates that is customizable to the specific needs of each client. The data is then analyzed and used as a key input into the development of the integration strategy and synergy targets.
- PMO – We provide a range of strategic and tactical support from determining the appropriate type of PMO structure, governance, and process to developing integration value drivers and targets.
- Pre Integration Planning – During this scope of work we assist in identifying where and how synergies will be realized, provide content expertise to assist teams in understanding the performance drivers and begin planning for the myriad of change management issues that must be addressed to ensure success.
- Post Integration Execution – We can provide coaching and content expertise to assist Integration Teams in designing and implementing solutions that capture targeted synergies.
- Education – We offer a customized curriculum of training for the Steering Teams, intact project teams, and impacted stakeholders. Topics range from an overview on M&A principles to specialized training on integration methodology and tools.
Achieve a considerably higher percentage of the targeted synergies